Thursday, October 25, 2007

MY PERSONAL KAMIDANA

DOG




My Akita who happens to be a Japanese breed is named Jade Ono. Like Jade, she brings us good luck, and strong faith.






TREE





The trees provides us with oxygen, shade, protection from the wind, and cold winters.





ROSEARY BEADS




They are a symbol of the Catholic religion. We pray to Mary our Blessed Mother.







CRUCIFIX











Represents Jesus Christ’s “Ultimate Sacrifice” for all Christians, who believed in him.






FLOWERS (chrysanthemums)




Represent Joy, peace, vitality, and happiness. In Japan, they celebrate the Kiku festival using these beautiful chrysanthemums.


FAMILY
My family is the strength of my life. They give me love, affection, and education.


My Kamidana would be place on the mantle of our home. The fireplace is focal point to a family’s home. When company comes they gather in that sacred area. I can admire and show more gratitude for all these important objects, and people in my life. Shinto religion would respect the sacred objects of other religions, such as the Catholic Rosary Beads, and Crucifix that are found on my Kamidana (Holy Sacred Shelf). The tree and chrysanthemums are sacred symbols of nature. The Shinto religion would look at them as if they were gods. My dog would also be worshiped as a sacred gift from a god.


Chris Thoma
Relg109DFB
Wednesday 6:15pm to 9:05pm
Professor Susan De George
Fall 2007


















7 comments:

stracey said...

Christopher beautiful dog looks very healthy, Jainism religion would love you. I found your shrine very interesting, your prayer beads are very pretty, is there are particular place your prayer bead are from? also the idea of you having a picture of the family it shows your priorities which is very good!!! Over all nice shrine.

CTreligion said...

Hello, Stracey

The prayer beads are from Rome, the Vatican. Thanks for showing interest for this weeks blog. Thanks for your very kind reply.

Sincerely,
Chris!

Sdwyer said...

I like your kami but I thought we werent to have pictures of live people in it or animals only the deceased ?

CTreligion said...

Hello, sdwyer.

This weeks post is to be on anything that you "Respect" and "Care" about most in your daily life.

Sincerly,
Chris!

Anonymous said...

I like you choices for your Kamidana.
All the things that help bring about a happy life. Family, Health, Beauty,Religion and a wonderful dog. Jade looks like a great Akita.

CTreligion said...

Hello, Rich.


I listed all things that are most important in my life. I am very proud of my personal Kamidana. Thanks for your positive feedback.

Sincerely,
Chris

CTreligion said...

Hello, Rich.


I listed all things that are most important in my life. I am very proud of my personal Kamidana. Thanks for your positive feedback.

Sincerely,
Chris