Thursday, September 6, 2007

"Belief -O- Matic Survey"

Hello,

Here are my results after taking this interesting Quiz.
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons)


I learned that many religions share the same basic beliefs of my religion which happens to be Roman Catholic. My religion came up as 88%, when compared to my personal beliefs. According to the survey I am more like a Mormon. Mitt Romney our Republican Presidential Candidate (Possibly) also shares those beliefs. I feel that his religious beliefs would carry many electoral votes both in the primary and general election. America is looking for someone with high standards, and moral values. I am surprised by the outcome out the quiz. I thought that my religion was very different from the others, especially the Mormons and Jehovah's Witness.
The older members of my religion almost made me afraid of the Jehovah's Witness. We would be dammed if we even accepted or read their literature when they rang our door bells. Of course now i realize how ridiculous it is. All these religions have good teaching, and good principles to make the world a better place to live in. The Chicago Tribune’s article starts off with an opposing question? Can A Mormon Be President? They state that some religions view the Mormon religion as a cult. They question whether Mitt Romney should be are next President. Many people do not approve of polygamy. This practice is not as prevelant today in the mormon religion. This is another example how religion and our beliefs affect our lives.

Chris Thoma
Relg109DFB
Wed 6:15 to 9:05 PM
Professor Susan De George

5 comments:

Susan De George said...

What other religions came up besides Mormon and Catholic? And why do you think it found your beliefs to be like those of the Mormons?

CTreligion said...

Mainline to conservative Christian/Protestant 100%
by Orthodox Quaker 94%
Eastern Orthodox 88 %
Roman Catholic 88%

I think that my beliefs were found to be more like the Mormons because the Catholic religion favors big families, no abortion, strong marriages, a belief in one God, good and evil, the Bible and its influence.

Chris Thoma
Relg109DFB
Wed 6:15 to 9:05 PM

Marcos said...

Chris,
Do you think having many wives is ok? If we had a president with many wives how would the nation be viewed?

CTreligion said...

No,

My religion teaches that we our to only have one spouse at a time, until death do us part. It keeps life less complex and easier to maintain.

Chris!

CTreligion said...

Hello, Professor De George.

I think that my beliefs were found to be more like the Mormons because the Catholic religion favors big families, no abortion, strong marriages, a belief in one God, good and evil, the Bible and its influence. The Mormon religion is a very old religion. The Catholic religion is even older. The both share similar beliefs.

Sincerely,
Chris