Thursday, September 20, 2007

Hindu Meetings and Worship Places. Here are my Snapshots of the Ganesha Shrine














I navigated myself to the Ganesha Shrine using the Second Life program. When I first arrived there I enjoyed the music that was used for inspiration and I had a very relaxed feeling. There were sculptures, pictures and paintings of worship. There were many different types of artifacts from the Hindu religions. You could sit down to pray. This is a great place for mediation. You will maintain great focus. These beautiful stone sculptures represent their past and history. This ancient religion demonstrates a sense of the spiritual world that all its followers should look for!

Chris Thoma
Relg109DFB
Wed 6:15 to 9:05 PM
Professor Susan De George

5 comments:

Susan De George said...

Great pictures Chris. And I'm glad you enjoyed the place. How do you think it differs from attending a "first world" place of worship?

Karen said...

I was looking at you pictures and they look so real. When I was on SL I was shocked with how real it actually looked. The graphics were amazingly good. But when I was there I didn’t see the place your pictures were. However I thought they were some good pictures you took.

CTreligion said...

It is a more sacred place to explore and look inward to your own personal feelings. I had a more spiritual feeling visiting this world.

Chris!

Sdwyer said...

Wow, I wish I was able to get onto the site but I am denied access from my place of work. the pictures are so life like its great that you enjoy yourself on here! :)

CTreligion said...

Hello, Professor De George.

When I was traveling and navigating in the Ganesha Shrine, I enjoyed the computer graphic atmosphere. When praying and meditating I was very relaxed, there were no distractions what so ever. I like the way everything was coordinated together, the setting, background, and music. Overall, I had a very nice time attending this site.

Sincerely,
Chris